Ever since I had Bridger I have really stopped and thought a lot about life and me and the way I am living my life and this is what I have learned.....
I need to do more charity. Just recently in Relief Society we had a lesson on Charity. The teacher talked about how you can give charity in real simple ways. Most the comments back were that us women think that we have to do everything elaborate or do nothing at all. Which I have felt many times. But the one thing that I have learned is that charity can be done simply and it still means the same to the person receiving it. I have received so many quick e-mails and text messages from people expressing their love and concern for me and my family. Yes it was just an e-mail, but it meant so much. When someone I know is hurting or my be going through a rough patch, I am going to make sure I do something, even if it is jsut a quick text. It is the small and simple things that really do mean the most.
I need to be more greatful. I'm the youngest child, so a trate that has come from that is that I just expect things to happen. I have recently stopped and really looked at my life and realised that I need to be more greatful for the things that I have. Here is little Bridger who has these problems andhe is still so happy. I mean I realise that he doesn't even know he has any problems, but I love that he is happy no matter what. I need to be happy no matter what. I am greatful for all that I have and for my family and wonderful friends, I just need to express it more and remind myself that it can all go away.
I am surrounded by good, caring people. I already knew that I had good people in my life, but I didn't realise HOW GOOD and CARING they really are. I have received e-mails from neighbors that I haven't really gotten to know yet, and friends that I haven't seen since high school. And the outreach from my family has been wonderful. My relationship with my sister Amanda has grown so much and I appreciate her so, so much! I am just happy that I have made such great relationships in my life and that I guess I have been nice to people, because it seems like I have so many more friends out there then I thought I did. I appreciate you all!!
Last but not least, I have learned to be more compassionate. I always thought that I was compassionate, but really I wasn't. I would tell you I was sorry, but sometimes I didn't mean it. Now I really think of the words I want to say, because if it is coming out of my mouth, I want to mean it. Just recently I have had some friends and family that have struggled with things like infertility, divorce, even a child dying. I would say such insensitive things that I THOUGHT was the right thing to say, but really it was so cliche and turned out to be pretty hurtful to them. Now when dealing with a friend and their tough situation I just tell them that I am sorry and that I love them. Because that is the truth. I do. I have stopped giving advise that I think is good, but really isn't. Does this make sense? Well, it does to me :)
It is sad that it takes a big change in your life to haev your eyes opened to the things that one needs to fix in their life, but I am so greatful that I have this opportunity to change. I really hope that I can continue to do these things and become a better person.







2 comments:
i love this post. Thanks for sharing your feelings. I think we can all use a little more compassion and charity!
Thanks you for sharing. It got me to think about a lot of things as well. ps i LOVE "through the words of Cooper" FUNNY
Post a Comment