CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.11.2011

Bridger Update...

We had another appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon today for Bridger. This visit was so different than all the others have been. Today we left feeling so good about what the doctor said and we feel like we finally have a timeline for what we want to do for Bridger. First off, when it comes down to the Syndrome issue, we are still up in the clouds about if he has Larsen's Syndrom or not. Everything on his skeletal Survey (x-rays) makes us believe that he probably does have it. He has the classic dislocated hips, very loose knees (although they are not out of socket, so that is a good thing!) and his bilateral club feet. At this point we are not worried about the top half of his body. His spine looks fine and he will eventually build up his muscle and get stronger. We will definatly keep our eye on his spine though, just incase anything changes. They may find something as he gets bigger. The Ortho and the Genetisist just are not familiar with Larsen's enough to officially diagnose it, but at this point is really doesn't matter. Bridger has things that need to be fixed and we are going to fix them the same whether he has it or not. We may end up doing genetic testing in the future, but at this point we are not going to worry about it.
The first thing that we want to fox will be Bridger's club feet. We can either cast them which requires casting everyweek for 6 weeks and then wearing a brace for 3 years. Or we can do surgery and wear casts for 3 months, but then we are done. Blake and I have decided to go forward with the surgery. We are afraid that the braces he would have to wear would interfere with any hip and knee surgeries that he will be having in the future. We feel really good about our decision. So in about 4-5 months we will go in and have that done. Until then we are just going to enjoy Bridger and focus on him just being a baby. He is growing so much and he smiles all the time. Oh I just love him so much!!
SO this is probably the last major update on Bridger's condition for at least a couple months. I think I am finally to the point of acceptance. I have really struggled with why this is happeing to us, but right now I am just so greatful that Bridger decided to come to us. He has been such a blessing in our home!
Look how big Bridger is getting!

Bridger chilling out on the exam table waiting for the Doc.

1 comments:

Discovery Preschool said...

Abby little Bridger is so so cute.. he looks like a Lyells to me:) He really is so sweet. I love that our kids can teach us so much and their little personalities are sent to us for a reason. I am glad you guys are able to move forward and we will keep him in our prayers. I love his sweet little face in the pic's, he really is getting big so fast!!