Last week after our visit with the Orthopedic Surgeon at Primary Children's Hospital, Blake and I decided to put in an application to the Shriners's hospital in Salt Lake City. Today I received a call and they said that Bridger had been accepted as a patient. We are so excited! For those of you that do not know what Shriner's Hospital is, it is a Hospital set up by the Shriner's Club. They offer free care for Orthopedic patients. From the research I have done, they have excellent doctors and surgeons and it is a very family friendly place. At first we had a hard time with the decision to go there because we are not looking for a hand out. Blake and I work really hard at our jobs to provide for our family and we have never had any assistace of anytype. But I felt like this was an opportunity that we just could not pass up and the Orthopedic surgeon told us that we would be stupid to not go for it. So I am looking at this as a true blessing and any opportunity that we have to volunteer our time or to donate money, we will do it!
We have our first appointment on April 4th. So I guess we will see what they say!www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/Hospitals/Locations/SaltLakeCity.aspx







0 comments:
Post a Comment