CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.21.2011

We are finally home!

Wow! What and eventful week. This has been something that I never want to go through EVER again. But all that matters now is that we are home and healthy! We have an appointment with the pediatrician on Monday and then an appointment in a couple weeks with an orthopedic surgeon at Primary Childrens. I'm curious what the pediatrician will say, but until then we will just be careful with him and cuddle him to death!
When we got to the NICU this morning they did a carseat check to see if he could sit in a carseat for an hour and a half and not stop breathing. He past with flying colors.
When we got home, Grandma had to give him his first official bath! My mom has given every grandchild their first bath. I am so glad she did not miss out on giving Bridger his!

My parents are living in Hawaii for the winter, so when I called my mom last week and told her that the baby was coming, she jumped on a plane and came straight home to be with me. She is heading back to Hawaii tomorrow and it really was a bittersweet farwell. I am so greatful that she has been here to take me to the hospital and stay with me all day there. From the picture you really can see that we are both exhausted. I am so glad that she can go back to my dad and that they can enjoy their 1st winter in Hawaii. I love you mom!!
Bridger is all tucked into his bed tonight and hopefully he will sleep good tonight in his own bed. He is such a sweet and content baby and we are so greatful that he is home!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! So glad you are "Home Sweet Home"! He looks very peaceful in his own little bed :) Whenever Sadie says a prayer she always asks Heavenly Father to bless Baby Bridger that he will "drow helfy and strond" (that's healthy and strong if you can't understand "Sadieese") Hannah and I think he looks like a cute little man in his carseat. We'll keep praying for you. Thank you for keeping in touch on his progress through your blog, we all look forward to new posts. Love you!

Discovery Preschool said...

Abby!! I just barely looked at your blog for the first time in a while and can't believe all that you have been through.. I am so happy everything is going well and Bridger is so so sweet. Our bodies are amazing and we will keep you and Bridger in our prayers... Let us know if you need anything.