1.11.2010
Let's do the Texas 2-step right back to Utah!!
This last weekend, Blake and I took a quick little trip to San Antonio, TX. We always have a great time together and will always make the best of our situations, but really, we were not impressed with San Antonio. There just wasn't much to the town. Everyone told us to go to the riverwalk and we just so happened to go the 1 week in the year that they drain the river to fix it. Nice! Then seriously, there was nowhere to park unless you wanted to pay $10. So we just walked all over town. We did walk along the empty river walk and went and saw the Alamo and the IMAX about the Alamo. We played a game the whole time to see who could spot the most blonds. I won with 2 total. I was definatly the minority there! The best part of the trip was snatching up the mexican vanilla. I love that stuff! All in all, we had a great time together, but we won't be back. After seeing the flat land out there, it made me really appreciate and love the mountains that we live by. Oh and did I mention that it was 40 degrees there. The reason we chose to go to SAn Antonio is because we wanted to go somewhere warm. Well they much have known Utah was comin'. It is normally 70 degrees and we got 40!!







3 comments:
Sorry you were hating it deep in the heart of Texas! I've been to the Alamo.. I'll agree there isn't much around there. There *are so nice places in TX, just not really that area :( I guess it's a trip for the "Remember when" laughs later in life huh? :P haha I'm glad you are back at home safe and sound :)
Oh man, I can see why you didn't love it. 30 degree temperature difference?!?! That sucks! Glad you were able to spend some alone time with Blake. It's always fun to travel together!
ps. cool picture. :)
we tried to get out of the snow for thanksgiving and went to north carolina, SAME THING! it was record cold for them there!
sheesh.
but still fun to get away right?
Post a Comment