CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.21.2010

My Chickens!

Ever since we moved to farmville Willard I have wanted chickens. I mean we have plenty of room and I am on this quest to become more self-reliant so why not. Well, here they are. Meet Hazel, Beth, Shirley and Shirley. They are named in honor of our grandmas! I thought that would be kind of funny. Both Shirley's look exactly the same, so having the same name makes it easier for us, and both my g-ma's names are shirley, so what the heck! Anyway, I bought chickens that are 6 months old, so they are already laying eggs. We got 5 eggs today! I'm so excited and I think they will make a great addition to our family!


3 comments:

Marleepatts said...

so cute!

Alyson said...

Ha ha! You're so awesome, Ab! I love this idea and wish I could have chickens and fresh eggs! Are they noisy and stinky?

dani said...

i am scared of getting pecked by chickens. however i love this idea!