CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.26.2010

Cooper's 5th Birthday!

We had a fun, long week celebrating Cooper's 5th Birthday. I really cannot believe that he is already 5 years old. This is what we did all week.
Cooper had a party with his cousins and friends. We all rode on the Front Runner down to Salt Lake and had a birthday party at Build-a-Bear. The kids had a great time and I highly suggest having a party there. They did such a good job and the kids had so much fun.
We had another party with the Housley's at our house. We had a fire and made s'mores. Blake has such a great family and Cooper has so much fun with all his cousins. We love them all so much.
Cooper's big present was a new trampoline. He is on excited little boy!
We had one more party at Pizzaria with the Lyells family. We usually do not have so many parties, but this one was to celebrate Cooper turning 5, Jaron turing 16 and another farewell party to my parents. They are leaving yet again on another retirement road trip. It was great to have ALL my family there together and we had a great time.

All Cooper wanted was a spiderman cake. He was very happy when we showed up with this baby!

Five years ago I had my sweet little boy, Cooper Thomas Housley. It was not an easy journey to get him here and I thank God everyday for him and for our health. Some may not know that Me and Cooper both had a few complications when he was born. It started out with me NEVER going into labor (they finally started me a couple days past me due date) Then when they broke my water they discovered that Cooper had pooped in the womb. That's not good. To make a long story short, I was in labor for 14 hours, decided to have a C-Section. They had to rush Cooper out quick, due to him pooping and get him on oxygen. I recovered in the hospital for 4 days, went home for 5 days and then turned blue one night. SCARY! I had a blood clot from the C-Section that went into my lung. Double Scary! I went back to the hospital for 6 more days. They would have kept me longer, but I threatened to break out in the middle of the night!! Anyway, 5 years later, here we are. Alive and well. We may only have 1 little guy, but I am so grateful for him, and would not change a thing in the world!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the birthday was a success :) Looks like one happy little man :) I'm glad you both survived, alive and well :) and that I know you Abby :) You're a great friend and a wonderful mom :)

dani said...

i love all the parties, and your back yard! i am so glad you are healthy and so is cooper. having babies is dangerous.

dani said...

dangerous, but they are so worth it!